Thursday, April 14, 2011

April 2011 Brewers Blog

Welcome to my long awaited blog for April of 2011.  The month of April is upon us and I couldn't be happier.  I recently sent some samples of our beers to the lab and the results were quite interesting.  The Ruud Awakening IPA clocked in at 8% Alcohol By Volume.  I had it estimated around 7.5% ABV using my measuring equipment.  I made some changes in recent months to my milling procedure and my mash efficiency went up, my yeast remained efficient(like usual) and in turn the ABV went up a little bit.  I will have to make a minor adjustment to the amount of malted barley in the recipe in order to keep the Ruud Awakening where it should be(between 6.8% and 7.2%), otherwise it is a Double/Imperial IPA.  Since I already have a 9.5+% Imperial IPA I will be getting the Ruud Awakening back where it needs to be.  Don't worry, I will not reduce the hops.
Stephanie and I will be taking off saturday morning to begin our 2011 Brew tour.  We are planning on hitting up the Firkin Fest @Rogues Green Dragon Bistro on saturday then probably heading over to the coast for a couple days.  I will be bringing my steelhead rod along just in case they are running down there.
Enjoy the spring..Cheers-
Blaze The Brewer
 

No comments:

Post a Comment