Saturday, February 26, 2011

Stephanie's Blog

February was a short month, but we were able to squeeze in a lot in a short amount of time.  Locals lit up our small stage this month and open mic's were successful once again.  This isn't hard for me to believe since our small valley is filled with so many talented musicians.  I am really grateful to our local musicians, they are easy to work with and they definitely know how to rock a party.  Drothers Band has local musicians Greg Hardy, Nick Boscoe and Jason Hickman.  Greg is the lead guy in this band and he is about to release his first solo album.  Rivertown Ramblers are Chris Garner and Randy, sometimes Randy's brother and sister-in-law join the band.  Chris and Randy are two very talented musicians who have been playing in bands for over thirty years.  Presidents Day weekend was an incredible weekend of music, especially Saturday night when the RT Jr. Band played.  RT Jr. Band is RT Jr. of course, Phil Woras on bass and vocals, Peter Larson on drums and Terry Hardesty on vocals and lead guitar.  Terry has played and toured with Merle Haggard and Johnny Paycheck http://www.terryhardesty.com/.  Needless to say, I have music fever going on.  I am so lucky to do the job that I do and do it in the Methow Valley.  On a bigger scale, I am very lucky to live in the Pacific Northwest where it seems that the musical talent is endless.  Over Valentine's Day weekend I treated myself to a short vacation west, over the mountains to the big city...Seattle.  I went to listen to some good music and support some very talented Seattle musicians.  Saturday night I went to see Cody Beebe and the Crooks at the Hard Rock Cafe, excellent show.  Sunday night I went to the Seamonster to watch Vintage Pink.  Vintage Pink features a couple of musicians that I've seen many times; RL Heyer from Flowmotion and Andrew Vait (who was not present).  These guys rocked, it was probably some of the best music I have ever seen and it seemed effortless for them.  Their only downfall was they were hammering the PBR, haha.  Seamonster is a really cool place, it reminds me a lot of our place.  It's a tiny venue, there is no cover charge and their is a whole lot of talent that comes through their doors.  If you're ever not at the Old Schoolhouse Brewery you should definitely check this place out http://www.seamonsterlounge.com/.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good time. I miss a good ol' Ruud Awakening and I want to some of your stout so bad I can taste it. Nobody does stout in America like Blaze!

    ReplyDelete